Thursday, December 18, 2014

Food, glorious food!

For some reason, food just tastes amazingly better here.

 I don’t think that I’ve suddenly  become a much better cook, or that there’s something about the desert air that makes food tastier. I’m starting to think that it’s because I’m retired. I am focused on the food while I’m eating, not on tomorrow’s meeting, or staffing goals, or  who’s calling in sick…I can savor every bite, with minimal internal conversation. I am in the here and now with the food. Zen gluttony.

 My food is not always pretty, and I am limited in what I can cook, because I don’t have an oven, and I don’t want to cook things that have to simmer for a long time (propane costs!). But, it’s o.k., because it ALL tastes great!!

Kitchen hatch of Tiny Trailer open and ready for use.

Coleman propane stove...anything that gets cooked, gets cooked here.

Chickpea, potato, onion and peanut curry, with faux naan bread (pan grilled flour tortilla)
Not pretty, but it tasted wonderful!


Today's salad for lunch...bag mixed salad, with cottage cheese, celery, tomatoes,
 cashews and soy "bacon" bits. Ranch dressing.
I had the Yoplait yogurt for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment