Saturday, December 6, 2014

Stopover in Amarillo, Texas

In order to head southwest to the Arizona desert, I first headed northwest to Amarillo, Texas. My daughter, sister, and mother all live in Amarillo, and I wanted to spend some time with them before I headed into the desert for several months.

I arrived on Saturday evening, November 15th, and awoke to snow on Sunday morning.  I realized after I got up that I had left my “personal  hygiene box”, containing shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. in the car, so I went outside, and  started down the exterior stairs  to get my stuff. As it turns out the footing was slippery and treacherous, and I fell…hard…right on my tailbone.  I spent several days hobbling around, and making some revisions to Tiny Trailer (I added fenders, which are not required for a trailer that size in Texas, but might be elsewhere, and I didn’t want to find out where required, alongside a road, illuminated by red and blue flashing lights). I also put together the components of my solar electrical system (more on that next post)


I had a really nice visit with my family (we had early Thanksgiving and Christmas, since I would not be back until almost spring), and on November 22nd, I headed southwest through New Mexico to Arizona.

                                          Tiny Trailer amid the melting snow in Amarillo

No comments:

Post a Comment